Thursday 29 August 2013

Monthly Favourites

In august I've been pretty busy with work and this week I've not been feeling well at all :(. I feel the month has passed super quickly, but I picked up a few pretty things and fell in love with  a few of them!

My first favourite is something I had been lusting over for ages, The Lime Crime Velvetines! I'd heard such good things about these and was certain that I NEEDED to have both! So I ordered both from cute cosmetics, they arrived really quickly and the packaging is totally adorable. I tried them soon as I got the box, but this didn't turn out good at all, you pretty much need a lip liner to use these as they are really hard to apply without. I am in love with the red velvet, its a lovely deep red and stays in place all day.



After quitting my lipbalm addiction (I was a serious addict, like every hour on the hour addicted), I realised that my lip balm of choice, Carmex, wasn't good for my lips at all. Carmex has an ingredient that makes your lips tingle and this is actually drying your lips out, meaning you need to use it more. Carmex was like crack for me and giving it up was SO difficult, my lips peeled, bled and were generally super painful all day. So after doing lots of research I found Dr. Bronnners Organic Lip Balm, this stuff is amazing! It feels totally different from lip balm and makes my lips feel soft for hours as opposed to 15 minutes or so. I try to use this only once or twice a day when my lips are dry/sore. 




B. Pure Micellar Water is my skincare favourite for august. Usually superdrug is my go to for beauty products, but not skincare, however this was on offer and I liked other products in the B. range. This is described as 

"Quick and easy 3-in-1 cleanser that dissolves impurities in a single sweep, no water required. Ideal for all skin types even the most sensitive."

And I would say that's pretty accurate, this product is super effective when removing make up and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight like similar cleansers would. I love this product for how quick and easy it makes removing make up, its also amazing for keeping in my bag for after gym. Its also a really reasonable price at £4.99 for 150ml. 
 



Peach Party by Soap and Glory is my favourite blush this month. Its super pretty and I love this because it can be built up and it has the most pretty shimmer. This is my go to blush for my everyday make up right now.   


The real techniques expert face brush is my favourite foundation brush ever ever ever. When I used this I was like where have you been all my life ? Its seriously that good, I don't think I will ever use another foundation brush ever! Now I'm convinced I need every real techniques brush, they are top of my wish list.

Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. I have a major chapstick (mint) addiction and I'm having similar issues with severely chapped lips. I'm going to try Dr Bronner's lip balm. thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had THE WORST addiction and Dr Bronners was a total life saver, helped sooo much :) Hope it helps you the same! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had THE WORST addiction and Dr Bronners was a total life saver, helped sooo much :) Hope it helps you the same! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

search